Friday, August 21, 2009

After uninstalling McAfee...which form of main protection should I get to replace it with?

I asked this on a forum, and got the following list:



Kaspersky Firewall



Kaspersky Anti-Virus



ZoneAlarm Free Edition



The following forms of security I have currently:



The Crappy Windows Firewall



Search and Destroy



AdAware



Spyware Blaster



AVG Free Edition



McAfee Site Advisor [this rocks, I must admit]



I also have Hijack This, but that's more of a manual program. Which of those, or any other ones, should I get for my mainstream firewall?



After uninstalling McAfee...which form of main protection should I get to replace it with?computer repair



Avast Antivirus



After uninstalling McAfee...which form of main protection should I get to replace it with?free antivirus



Go with the Kaspersky for an A-V, excellent detection rates and light on resource use.



A recent virus test is here:



http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/defa...



Notice just how poor AVG is! Don't know why it has so many fans?



KAVs little brother, Active Virus Shield by AOL, made by KAV, has the exact same detection rates, without the "bells and whistles" and it's free.



For a good firewall, check out Jetico PF, it's a bit difficult to learn, but it passes most leak-tests. Very light on the resources. Free at:

No comments:

Post a Comment