Friday, August 21, 2009

Does this sound like a good computer?

There's a computer I'm interested in buying from the local classifieds where I live thats listed as a CUSTOM GAMING COMPUTER for $300. I've always wanted a gaming PC but couldn't afford $1000+ that I see them going for. I've got $300 exactly but I don't know much about gaming PCs and would just like to know if this is worth buying or not.



The listing reads:



SOYO KT600 Motherboard



512 MBytes RAM



ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128mb Video Card



AMD 3200+ Athlon XP Processor



SONY DVD RW DRU-530A



SONY CD-ROM Drive



Creative Labs Audigy LS Series 7.1 24bit Sound Card



150 G SATA HD



Microsoft Windows XP Pro (Activated Clean Install) w/ Service Pack 2



Microsoft Plus Digital Media Edition



Microsoft Office 2003



PowerDvd



DvdDecrypter



Nero Ultra Edition



WarCraft III



Complete With Anti Virus and Spyware protection



I just want a fast computer I can play games on. Should I get this computer and is it worth $300? Any advice or info, please?



Does this sound like a good computer?free antivirus download



Everything sounds good except for the memory, the graphics card and the CD and DVD drives. You should consider 1GB or more of RAM. The graphics card should be a bit better. I would wait for Vista (jan 30 2007) if I were you. The CD/DVD drives should be able to burn DVD or CD -Rs: they're cheaper and play in more places. It's way worth $300. For more info on Vista, visit http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/ex...

No comments:

Post a Comment