Sunday, August 23, 2009

Unable to connect to www.heartofthelakes.co.uk website all others seem to work any ideas why please?

The inability to connect is using a wireless broadband connection. I am using windows XP Professional and IE 7. I have also tried firefox as my browser. There is anti virus and firewall protection on my computer but the strange thing is if I connect the computer using the dial up connection I can connect to the site without any problem ( I do not have an exstensive knowledge of computers but assume that the dial up connection would still run through the same protection software as when connected by wireless router) the isp for wireless is Orange and dial up Tiscali if that helps anyone identify a possible solution. Any help would be appreciated.



Unable to connect to www.heartofthelakes.co.uk website all others seem to work any ideas why please?antivirus



I've just tried the site (www.heartofthelakes.co.uk) with both Internet Explorer 6 and Firefox v1.5.0.7, and got through with both browsers. The only thing that readily springs to mind is that your firewall is, somehow, preventing access to the site. I'm not sure which firewall you are using, so it would be inappropriate for me to try to offer any remedy. I would, however, suggest you check your list of 'blacklisted sites' and remove the url if it is in there.



You may, of course, have an added problem in that your wireless router may also incorporate an inbuilt firewall. I'm afraid you'll have to check your manual about that one.



Best of luck in getting to your site.

No comments:

Post a Comment