Friday, August 21, 2009

Windows Defender or Ad-Aware?

From what I can tell, Windows Defender is a free program included with Windows Vista that provides spyware protection (but no anti-virus services). How does it stack up against other free anti-spyware programs like Ad-Aware? If you recommend Ad-Aware over Defender, can you outline a plan for disabling/uninstalling Defender so that I can get Ad-Aware up and running? (I've had bad experiences with trying to remove pre-installed Microsoft products (e.g., IE4)!)



Windows Defender or Ad-Aware?microsoft office



pull up your security center and disable it that way you can download i put in spy bot i got it from winwows security updates its free mine works excellent



Windows Defender or Ad-Aware?norton antivirus



All I can tell you is that I am running Vista also and I am currently using AVG anti virus software and its also free for 45 days. I love it. all I did was install it and then disable all other virus software that my computer cam with. I did not unistall any program.
Windows Defender is garbage. It rarely finds anything.



Superantispyware and A-Squared Free 3.0 are both free and better than Ad-Aware/



They should run O.K together.
Ad-aware...Defender is good, but you can't update it yourself easily, or get better services.
Defender has real-time resident protection as well as a scanner, the free version of AdAware does not, it is just an on-demand scanner.



Use them both. Defender will provide your real-time protection and you can alternate your regular scans with each of them.



AdAware and WD is a good combination.



Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment