Sunday, August 23, 2009

Is free Internet protection safe?

I recently signed up with virgin media for their broadband deal, which included in the price was free internet security (firewall , anti-virus, pop-up blocker and privacy manager) my question is it safe to just use the free internet safety or should I go out and buy my own e.g nortan internet security or Mcafee



Is free Internet protection safe?



It's safe enough, Norton and McAfee are not worth the CD they come on. If you decide to buy and anti-virus get Kaspersky or NOD32.



The best anti-virus is ESET NOD32 then Kaspersky. NOD32 is the only anti-virus that got an Advanced+ rating in tests conducted at http://www.av-comparatives.org/



The most popular free anti-virus programs (AVG and Avast) have poor detection rates (82.82%, 87.46% respectively). Norton is notoriously bloated and takes forever to perform full systems scans.



I only recommend buying NOD32 (advanced users) or Kaspersky. It has been proven these products are better than the best sellers (Norton and McAfee):



http://www.consumersearch.com/www/softwa...



Is free Internet protection safe?antivirus downloads



it's safe



after the trial runs out maybe you shoud try zone alarm
Yes, it is safe, no it is not free you are paying for it , it is including your package you pay every month. I have com cast and I pay monthly for the service and all that protection software included.
It really depends on what they supplied you with. Some free ones are good, and some are crap. I would look for reviews on the software they gave you, and then decide.
i think all are not safe.......COZ EVERY TIME A SECURITY PROGRAMS UPGRADE . ALSO THE HACKERS ARE UPGRADING THIER KNOWLEDGE ON HOW TO HACK



.... but if there is an error you cn call your SERVICE PROVIDER .... COZ THIER SERVICE is what you've PAID FOR...............................
No its not safe!



I would install a free antivirus like AVG or Avira



They both work great.



And you need a good firewall, maybe try Panda Firewall+Antivirus 2007 I didnt use to like Panda but it seems to work ok now. And I think its free until february...



(Personally I dont like McAfee or Norton or Symantec at all)



Dont trust anybody that sais your computer is safe. Cuz its not.

No comments:

Post a Comment