Friday, August 21, 2009

Unknown processes on startup, how to kill?

I've got a windows XP machine, and when it starts up there are 29 processes running. I know thats way to many, so when I open up the task manager, the unwanted ones are:



CCSETMGR.EXE



(appers twice)



VetMsg.exe



iSafe.exe



CDProxyServ.exe



$sys$DRMServer.exe



I have no idea where these are coming from, nothing in the installed programs looks horrably suspicious. And all 'start up' items from 'run %26gt; msconfig' are disabled, minus my anti-virus and spyware protection program.



The programs I currently use are:



Avira http://www.free-av.com



Spybot S%26D http://www.safer-networking.org



I've ha dno luck finding what the above programs are, and the tools I'm using now don't seem to see anything wrong with them. The PC does seem slow... oh well, any advice would be great.



Unknown processes on startup, how to kill?house call



In this program you can see all the startup programs and kill the ones you dont want, I use this tool and its very good,



Here is a very good tool called Winpatrol and it monitors your computer for programs that try to run on your system without your knowlege, This tool also allows you to manage all the startup programs on your computer,, It also warns you if a program tries to run without your permission, I use this software and I recommend it,

No comments:

Post a Comment