Sunday, August 23, 2009

Question for Linux Users?

Do you still need anti-virus and spyware protection with Linux?



If so, where can I obtain Anti-virus, anti-spyware, and a firewall?



What programs would you recommend to download for Linux?



I have Ubuntu 6.06 LST if that helps at all. Thanks for any help you give in advance and God bless.



Question for Linux Users?symantic



Well there aren't MANY viruses that affect linux but there are some.



So yes I think you still need one, just an opinion.



I run clam on all our servers and it cleans a ton of stuff out.



Its free and will work great on ubuntu (at least the last time I checked it). It is easy to use. There was some talk about one being included in the Distro but dont know if they have done that as yet.. guess I should go over and take a look.



http://www.clamav.net is the address for clam.



Enjoy, I do like linux.



Question for Linux Users?viruses



"Do you still need anti-virus and spyware protection with Linux?" :No. If you go with the default install, the firewall/ SELinux will be good enough. Be sure not to enable any services.



"What programs would you recommend to download for Linux?": I suggest that you also disable sendmail, adjust SELinux policy to not allow writing, limit HTTPD access, and turn off any other extra services.

No comments:

Post a Comment