Friday, August 21, 2009

I can't seem to uninstall Norton Protection Center?

I recently upgraded my anti virus, and during the download/install process, it just froze. So I closed it and I restarted my PC, then it ran Norton. I tried uninstalling it but it still keeps booting up every time, and I cant seem to get rid of it. Its not in Add/Remove programs, its not there, and I checked the program files, I cant find the uninstall icon anywhere. I'm wondering what should I do, because I want to re-download the whole thing again so that it runs properly.



Any suggestions?



I can't seem to uninstall Norton Protection Center?cafe racer



you have to download the norton removal tool, go here%26gt;



http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsg...



I can't seem to uninstall Norton Protection Center?free anti virus



Generally, you remove applications by using the Windows utility for the task, but Norton Antivirus tends to get in a bit deeper into the system, so it's tricker to remove it completely. Here's how you can do that:



Go to Start --%26gt; Control Panel --%26gt; Add/Remove Programs.



Scroll down to your Norton program



Click Change --%26gt; Remove All.



You will be asked to restart your PC. Do so.



Now go to Start --%26gt; My Computer --%26gt; Program Files. Right click on each Symantec folder and select Delete.

No comments:

Post a Comment