Wednesday, August 19, 2009

WD Passport USB 2.0 Portable Disk Drive... Installation not working?!? I've tried everything I

I am unable to use my WD Passport 2.5 Inch portable Hard Disk Drive. When it is connected through my USB ports, it does not initiate the installation mentioned in the quick start guide.



I have made the following checks to ensure that it is not a user-end hardware or software issue;



- Used the USB 2.0 cable supplied as well as another.



- Attempted to connect other devices (MP3 player, Wireless Keyboard/mouse reciever, Digital Camera, Cellular Phone, Gaming Controller) using all USB ports and other cables as needed



- Checked and attempted to update all known and applicable drivers and updates for installed software.



- Enabled and Disabled Anti-virus, Firewall and Router Protection programs in all combinations, with the Hard disk drive and Other USB devices



- Applied the aforementioned tests in combination with computer Soft and Hard boot



- Returned product to Point of Sale for assessment of functionality, which proved to be fully functional



its been irritatingly long... someone help!!



WD Passport USB 2.0 Portable Disk Drive... Installation not working?!? I've tried everything I can think of!!!norton internet security



If your computer has an AMD CPU, and Viatech USB Host Controllers; changing the USB Host Controller drivers to standard or generic drivers, may work. Sometimes, putting a line in config.sys, helps. ie. "lastdrive=m"

No comments:

Post a Comment