Saturday, August 15, 2009

What firewall Am I using on my computer?

I have Windows XP Home with their built in firewall. I recently installed Norton Anti Virus (Paid version). A pop up window from norton asked me if I would like norton to take over the firewall operation (recomended), in which I clicked yes. Now since then I've installed Windows Defender. So what I want to know is Windows Defender doing the firewall protection or is norton or both? When I go into the norton program, it says Firewall Protection is ON. When I go into the Windows Defender program it also says Firewall Protection is ON. Are both firewalls working at the same time? If they are not which firewall should I use?



What firewall Am I using on my computer?panda



Have you got Norton anti-virus or Norton Internet Security Suite or Norton System Works? Only the Internet Security Suite comes with a firewall, so if you have got that, then you are most probably using Norton firewall. And Windows Defender does not come with a firewall (it provides real-time scanning for spyware). To check things out, go to Control Panel %26gt; Security Center. There, you will see which firewall is on. If both Norton and Windows Firewall are on, then you will also see a warning. If you see the warning, then go to Control Panel %26gt; Windows Firewall %26gt; Turn off Windows Firewall. That will leave Norton's firewall protecting your computer.



:)



Hope my answer is not confusing, I think it has become firewallish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment