Monday, August 17, 2009

My Sister told me that AOL "knocked out" her Yahoo IM Service. If true, I want to know why

My troubles began after my Sister introduced me to Yahoo 360. Shortly after initiating my own 360 Page, I tried to IM my Sis and discovered my IM no longer worked. Assuming she's correct, is it legal for AOL to do that?! I'm not as internet-savvy as I'd like to be. AOL came packaged with my Sept.'05-bought HP Laptop and when the 3 month limit was approaching and my Norton Protection expired, They offered me Their calming pitch punctuated with Their own Anti-Virus Software assurance. I needed the Yahoo e-mail service to aid in my Job Hunting and wasn't offered an option... What do I need to do to restore my Yahoo Messenger Service, and did 360 actually have anything to do with it as I suspect?? Can anyone help me?? Please...



My Sister told me that AOL "knocked out" her Yahoo IM Service. If true, I want to know why they did this?!!ktm



It did not knock out my instant messaging service. I use both of them all the time and sometimes simultaneously.



AOL cannot do anything that your sister did not permit it to do. She might have made AOL the default instant messaging system. Once she downloaded Yahoo onto her computer, it cannot be "undownloaded" unless she did it.



Tell her to download Yahoo on her computer again and see what happens.



My Sister told me that AOL "knocked out" her Yahoo IM Service. If true, I want to know why they did this?!!nortan



that is probly a lie cause i use both of them on the same computer unless you installed a certin type of software that shouldnt happen

No comments:

Post a Comment