Saturday, August 15, 2009

Can anyone help with protecting my PC?

I've always had trouble protectng my PC; and I'd like to make sure I'm doing it right. This is my current lineup of protection software, but I don't think I have a good lineup... And I'm always thinking I have way too many programs, so... I'm confused.



Firewall:



Windows Firewall



Spyware/Adware:



Xoftspy



Ad-Aware SE Professional



Microsoft Defender



Anti-virus:



NOD32



Norton Anti-Virus 2007



Can anyone help with protecting my PC?norton antivirus



I only use one thing to protect my computer, Kaspersky Anti-Virus. My computer is virus free and it consumes very little system memory while running. As far as removing spyware and adware I really like Spybot, it's free and works really well.



Can anyone help with protecting my PC?security



You have way too many programs, which makes you a paranoid.



I do have programs, but they've yet to catch anything except occasional e-mail worms. My list is:



* Norton Antivirus 2007 (licensed w/ subscription)



* Microsoft Defender (free, of course)



* Ad-Aware (haven't found anything serious yet)



* Spybot S%26D (haven't found anything serious yet)



* Sygate Personal Firewall

No comments:

Post a Comment