Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pipmon.exe trojan in system32 folder HELP?

So I was searching for a Keyge....something on the internet, and I retardedly opened a file that requested an install which I did. It put a pipmon.exe corrupted file into my system32 Folder and it keeps popping itself in my systray with "Your computer is at risk and infected with a virus, would you like to update and install Live Virus Protection or something along those lines.



I didn't install anything after that, it keeps popping up every few minutes and I can runs programs, I just can't go into IE or pop-ups will spamm me forever. I've tried removing the file itself but its an access denied, write protecetd POS. I've done Ad-Aware, Spyware S%26D, and a FULL PC Norton Anti-V Scan and I cannot remove this file. Ive specifically ran Norton scan on that file and no detections popped up. I then tried a System Restore for 2days, 5days, 2weeks and 1 month. None of those dates could be restored = F'd.



Question is, is there any last solution or something I can do to restore my PC/



Pipmon.exe trojan in system32 folder HELP?triumph



PIPMON.EXE



http://www.prevx.com/filenames/X95499706...



Threat name



Win32.X



Filename



[System32Root]\pipmon.exe



Filesize



Unknown



Status



Known as dangerous.



pipmon.exe is a trojan trying to confuse you into thinking its the MS tcpipmon.exe which is a real program.

No comments:

Post a Comment