Saturday, August 15, 2009

A question about real time prortection?

i have heard that it is wise to run a manual anti virus / spyware scan about once a week, does this include programs with real time protection? aren't they already scanning your system?



A question about real time prortection?norton 2008



Not if you are running Norton/Symantec.Norton couldn't find its butt with both hands.It is by far the worst.Try looking webroot.I had NIS 2008 running supposed to pick up viruses and such.Nothing.Running very sluggish.Downloaded webroot found 475 spywares and 7 trojan viruses.They,Norton,gave ,me a cockamamy story about how it can't catch all.I am now looking at either Kaspersky or Panda Internet Security.To me you should run virus scan manually daily.Also might be a good idea if you do your bills/banking online to run a credit report once a month for identity fraud.



A question about real time prortection?pop up blocker



I use Twister Trojan Antivirus Beijing, China. http://www.filseclab.com I have 24/7 real time background scanner that will kill in a second a web page I open that has hidden embedded viruses or adware. Plus the scanner scans the memory on boot up.



I usually run once per week a manual in depth scan just in case the background scanner missed a virus or nasty adware. And the scanner the odd time will find adware or usually nothing.



Always good to be on the safe side.



Mind Doctor, France

No comments:

Post a Comment