Saturday, August 15, 2009

Do I have enough security?

Norton has expired. I have downloaded free edition of AVG anti virus and Ewido anti spyware. Also have Spybot and Spyware Terminator installed. Is this enough security so I can uninstall whats left of Norton protection. Will I have a firewall in the AVG/ Ewido?



Do I have enough security?symatec



AVG is brilliant.



Not used Ewido, but I've heard good reviews.



Spybot - do you mean Spybot Search and Destroy? If so, it's excellent.



Not used Spyware Terminator, but I've heard more negative reviews than positive.



You won't have a firewall (except for Windows XP's built in one, if you use Win XP with SP2). Zone Alarm, like a lot of people have mentioned, is excellent. http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/co...



On top of all that, I'd be tempted to uninstall Spyware Terminator and install Ad-Aware SE instead (or as well if you don't want to uninstall Spyware Terminator) http://www.download.com/3000-2144-100459...



Once you've done that, you should be OK uninstalling Norton. Just beware that occasionally, when uninstalling Norton (especially if it includes Norton's Firewall) that some people have reported their internet connection stops working. If it does, don't panic, just check your connection setting and the setting on your new firewall.



Do I have enough security?vista

No comments:

Post a Comment