Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Extremely slow internet connection?

About mid-day, I started noticing problems with my internet- it became extremely slow, and I mean like- taking 10 minutes to load and login to something like myspace. However the slow internet only involves browsing online and viewing webpages, but online messengers and online games aren't affected. The lights on my modem show that everything is fine. What could be causing this? I recently downloaded Comodo (a kind of scanner/firewall protection) but when I exit this, the problem persists. Are there any known programs or things that can trigger this? Also, today and a couple days ago, norton anti virus warned me that PortScan was trying to get into my computer- I don't really understand what that is though and I scanned with 3 different scanners and nothing turned up. Any advice? Also, downloads from the internet (like games or movies) are TOO slow to deal with, and even just opening our homepage (google) can take a LONG time.



Extremely slow internet connection?bmw



What programs did you install recently? Run a Scan Disk to clean up your drive and Defrag your computer. Also click on these links and follow the instructions to make your internet faster, they actually work i did them myself.



http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en%26q=how+...



GOOD LUCK



Extremely slow internet connection?free adware remover



Using too many spyware scanners and anti-virus scanners isn't alway good either. I would get rid of all of them and just use AVG Free http://answers.yahoo.com/question/;_ylt=... and see what happens. You also might need to clean up your hard drive. Try downloading CCleaner and run it. http://www.ccleaner.com/download
system defragmentation, to many startup programs, try AVG, anti virus and zonealarm, firewall both free at cnet.com
take the weather into consideration remember the Internet is operated by satellites up above, i cannot get satellite sky TV in bad weather

No comments:

Post a Comment