Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Extremely slow internet connection...help PLEASE?

About mid-day, I started noticing problems with my internet- it became extremely slow, and I mean like- taking 10 minutes to load and login to something like myspace. However the slow internet only involves browsing online and viewing webpages, but online messengers and online games aren't affected. The lights on my modem show that everything is fine. What could be causing this? I recently downloaded Comodo (a kind of scanner/firewall protection) but when I exit this, the problem persists. Are there any known programs or things that can trigger this? Also, today and a couple days ago, norton anti virus warned me that PortScan was trying to get into my computer- I don't really understand what that is though and I scanned with 3 different scanners and nothing turned up. Any advice? Also, downloads from the internet (like games or movies) are TOO slow to deal with, and even just opening our homepage (google) can take a LONG time. We use verizon DSL and a PCI adapter as our connection.



Extremely slow internet connection...help PLEASE?best antivirus software



I have found that you can turn your modem off and then back on and reboot your pc. That sometimes solves the problems. If that doesn't work then check your phone connection. That happened to me once and they told me to unplug it and plug it back in and that did the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment