Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My yahoo email has been suspended and I am wondering if this is a legitimate Yahoo function or a hac

Over the past few days I have had a message at the top of my yahoo email saying:



"suspicious activity detected. for your protection your account has been suspended for 48 hours", or something to that affect. I am wondering if this is legitimate or if my email has been hacked. Is there any way that I can protect myself or check to see if someone is hacking or tracking? I have used Norton and another anti-virus and all systems are reported as clear.



Thanks for your thoughts and advise.



My yahoo email has been suspended and I am wondering if this is a legitimate Yahoo function or a hack!!?avast



I believe this is another attempt at spoofing or phishing, both designed to get you to respond by giving them your account information so they "can check it out." What happens then, of course, is that your account is taken over by spammers.



If you received an email impersonating Yahoo! and would like to report it please forward the email to: mail-spoof@cc.yahoo-inc.com. If you have already been tricked into giving your password, please visit http://security.yahoo.com/article.html?a...



and follow the instructions there. Also: http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/lo...



My yahoo email has been suspended and I am wondering if this is a legitimate Yahoo function or a hack!!?ducati



If you'd been hacked your email probably wouldn't be suspended because the hacker would want you to use the account in order to get your details. Best option is to contact Yahoo! and ask them.
email yahoo and ask tell them about the problem.



they should be able to tell you if they ended your account ot not.

No comments:

Post a Comment