Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hello would you help me with my choise Avira Classic or Avast Proffesional?

I would like to choose a free anti virus for my laptop,because I'm tired of buying programs and getting problems.



Last I was with Mcafee Total protection and I got a lot of problems.



Please help



Hello would you help me with my choise Avira Classic or Avast Proffesional?antivirus programs



It's so close it's a virtual toss-up. On one hand Avira *does* have the best detection rates of the free antivirus', but on the other hand Avast detection rates aren't that far behind, and Avast scans your email and can do a boot-time scan, which Avira can't. Then again Avira can be *scheduled* to do a scan and Avast can't. But in my own personal experience, I have several times tried Avira and have had auto update problems with it every time. This doesn't happen to a lot of people, but it does happen enough that it is far from rare. So I personally use and recommend Avast.



(I'm glad you didn't bother asking about the newb-toy, AVG, with its terrible detection rates; although I'm sure someone will advise it anyway ;-) )



Edit: My answer applies to the free versions of Avira and Avast. I didn't notice the "Professional" in your question.



Hello would you help me with my choise Avira Classic or Avast Proffesional?computer protection



I HAVE BASICALLY TRIED ALL THE FREE ONES FROM AVG TO AVAST ETC... FINALLY SETTLED ON AVIRA ... I WOULD PAY FOR THIS ... BUT ITS FREE BEEN USING A LONG TIME NOW IS GREAT SO EASY ON SYSTEM HAS GREAT RATING FROM ALL TECH MAGS .. UPDATES DAILY SO IS ON TOP OF THINGS AND HAS GOOD SCANS AS WELL ..
Avast! Pro is NOT free. Avast! Home is free for personal use. Given the choice of Avast or Avira, I recommend Avira for a much higher detection rate and faster scanning. Avast! is useful if you're using a local email client, such as Outlook Express or Outlook, as Avast plugs in to scan inbound and outbound messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment