Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Security issue with firewall?

I am running AVG anti virus (free)+spydoctor(purchased) and zonealarm free trial firewall pro. I would like to know what happens when the free trial stops.....would I have good protection if it reverted to the basic version?



Security issue with firewall?antivirus protection



That's all I used to use. I now just use the windows firewall. You should have good protection but as important is what you do on the Internet. Don't visit dodgy sites and don't open unknown email attachments and you should be OK.



Security issue with firewall?computer repair



The security combination you use is good, however, you will always need a firewall on, so you better just uninstall the the zone alarm pro and just use the Windows firewall, I never had problems with it. If you don't trust the Windows firewall juust use the free version of Zone Alarm (there is one). Download it from



http://freewww.uv.ro/security/security.h...
as above
I have been running avg and zonealarm free for 5 or 6 years now and have had no reason to complain as long as I install my updates from both.I've even been considering purchasing zonealarm just to have my pc protection all in one.
Yes. You will get good protection. Certain areas of the trial version will stop working, but the firewall protection will be the same as the Pro version.
have you tried file hippo,theres loads of free security stuff on there. had avg my self was OK but just bought mcafee security suit off eBay for a tenner and that gives you everything you need.
The last comment is correct. Actually, I have Zonealarm Pro and I have basically turned off all the Pro features anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment