Monday, August 17, 2009

How do I eradicate a rogue blinking icon on windows taskbar that keeps popping up an antivirus ad?

This problem just emerged today. Balloon repeatedly pops up warning of dire virus threat %26 links to anti virus software download. I already have excellent antivirus protection. but this pest just snuck in %26 seriously interferes with normal tasking.



How do I eradicate a rogue blinking icon on windows taskbar that keeps popping up an antivirus ad?antivirus



I had a similar problem on a laptop I was cleaning. Adaware wouldn't fix it, I did a search on google on the message boards and a couple people suggested Superantispyware.



I read the reviews and tried it. IT WORKED



check it out



http://www.download.com/SUPERAntiSpyware...



How do I eradicate a rogue blinking icon on windows taskbar that keeps popping up an antivirus ad?computer



You have an adaware problem and to get rid of it use this free program.
Phony alert boxes or "balloon" pop-ups from the tray (by the clock) about a trojan, virus or spyware infection and the attempt to sell you some useless software to "fix" the problem usually indicates that your computer has a Smitfraud infection. DO NOT BUY THE PRODUCT THEY TRY TO SELL YOU! IT IS SCAM.



Sounds like your computer may have a variant of this ubiquitous Smitfraud infection.



Almost all "general purpose","all-in one" spyware and virus removal programs such as AVG, Norton, McAfee or Spybot S %26 D cannot remove it, as you may have already found out.

No comments:

Post a Comment