Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Need help with viruses and other security issues.?

Hello. Recently I got a pop up that stated something about WinAntiVirus. This occurred a couple days ago and since then I have not received any type of message like this. I did virus checks and other scans as well. I really want to make sure that everything is off my computer and that if there is I hope to get it off and have this never occur again. Right now my computer consists of AD-AWARE 2007, MCAFEE VIRUS PROTECTION(FROM COMCAST),CCLEANER, WINDOWS DEFENDER, and finally YAHOO! ANTI-SPY. So I have ran all of these scanners and they have no found anything except for tracking cookies and MRU(which I found in AD-AWARE). So i was wondering does this mean there is not harmful things on my computer? Also is this enough protection for my computer?



Thanks in advance



Need help with viruses and other security issues.?anti virus



WinAntivirus is a rogue/suspect program. It uses aggressive advertising, false positives work as a goad to purchase; inappropriate collection of Personally Identifiable Information. It is the same company as WinAntiSpy 2005, WinAntiSpyware 2006, %26 WinFixer



Need help with viruses and other security issues.?auto protect



Add this as a full scanner for once a week - and I mean it digs deep....



a-squared (a-squared) is a complementary product to antivirus software and desktop firewalls on MS Windows computers. Antivirus software specializes in detecting classic viruses. Many available products have weaknesses in detecting other malicious software (Malware) like Trojans, Dialers, Worms and Spyware (Adware). a-squared fills the gap that malware writers exploit. Automatic updates: In a-squared Free the updater must be run manually. The auto-update feature of a-squared Personal checks hourly for new available updates and installs them automatically. a-squared Free is freeware! You can download and use it completely for free. You are also allowed to distribute it to third parties. To be able to use it, you only must set up a free a-squared Account, to get access to the update server. (Note you register by simple sign up to activate definitions downloads free).

No comments:

Post a Comment