Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Please can you help me re: PC and virus/ internet problem?

I am reposting with further details:



I have a windows Vista - 7 months old. I only had the free trial Mc Afee for a month, and i have left it otherwise. I noticed it was going a bit funny, so I downloaded a Kaspergers or whatever it is - another free trial .Then my internet completely stopped. So my internet provider suggested that I delete all anti viral software, and take up their free software.



But... after deletion I still cannot get the internet and i am worried as i have no protection at all now.



As far as I have gathered I do need protection even without the internet (which i do want - it just won't work) - it is corrupting my music files.



I can't access any sites as my internet connection isn't working - so don't give me links please, i assuming that I can't do it from another computer, which is what i am having to use at the moment.



Honestly i do not have a clue, and i don't know how bad it is.



Please can you help me re: PC and virus/ internet problem?computer



You can't just "delete" the anti-virus programs from your computer. You need to use the "uninstallers". Also, you most certainly do not want to have two anti-virus programs running at the same time. We may be able to fix this but will need some more information; as in, exactly what has been done thus far.



Have you tried Vista's built in network connection diagnostic tool? What if any error messages are you getting? Have you looked in your "Device Manager" to see if your NIC is listed and not showing any errors?

No comments:

Post a Comment