Monday, August 17, 2009

Spyware Terminator users?

I've been using this for a while now and I really like it...except it's a little too intrusive and prevents my Avira anti-virus from doing its scans and updates.



I have real-time protection enabled, but I also have HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention System) enabled as well. It's very customisable, but I'm not sure which part I need to disable to make sure that my anti-virus can continue doing what it needs to do. Do I need to disable HIPS for this?



Spyware Terminator users?free anti virus



Yes you could try disabling HIPS temporarily and see if it improves things. Also have a look in Real Time Protection%26gt;Settings%26gt;Shields settings



under application guard, try disabling the threats shield and/or services shield; under system guard, disable the file extensions shield. Don't forget to save changes!



http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/47394/2...



see if antivir runs correctly.



It's not uncommon for security programs to conflict, especially if they both have resident monitors - however, I run Antivir with Spyware Terminator without any significant problems so the previous answerer may well be correct that perhaps Spyware terminator automatically blocked what it considered an "unknown" process vital to Antivir. To stop this happening, go to Real time Protection%26gt;Settings%26gt;Advanced and uncheck the box marked "automatically block threats without user confirmation"

No comments:

Post a Comment