Monday, August 17, 2009

Please help me change my homepage from yahoo -and don't simply say use internet options cos it

I think its bloody Norton Anti-Virus, but i'm not sure. I go to change from uk.yahoo.com and it lets me put in www.google.co.uk, and then I press apply. But as soon as I start up the internet explorer it goes straight back to yahoo. I get a norton anti-virus message, and I've tried both allowing the change and entering my own address. Neither works. And I've used the Hijack This tool which shows R0 HKCU\software blah blah blah uk.yahoo.com but even though I select and fix this it just won't go away. Its doing my crust in because I try desperately every Saturday to avoid the football scores so that I can watch Match of the Day but if I go on yahoo theire effing sports news will ruin the scores from me. Also it just takes about five times as long for a yahoo homepage to load compared to google because they have so much advertising crap on their site. Please somebody help. I'm sure that its Norton Anti-Virus' doing but is there any way of switching off the homepage protection?



Please help me change my homepage from yahoo -and don't simply say use internet options cos it doesn't workfree antivirus download



NAV Sucks .. many experts have even coined NAV itself as a VIRUS .



try out this useful free stuff



spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/ ( antispyware)



AVG - free.grisoft.com ( Anti-virus)

No comments:

Post a Comment