Saturday, August 15, 2009

How can I put something in the system tray on my pc?

I want my anti virus program icon to appear in the system tray, because it turns red to let me know if real time protection is off.



How can I put something in the system tray on my pc?virus scanner



System Tray? Hey, it is isn't there... just maybe your Anti-virus solution doesn't. Or MAYBE, it isn't working. We are talking about the system tray, which includes the CLOCK.



Always tell us what brand that you are using. If you have Norton, then for gosh sakes TELL US. Someone could probably tell you exactly how to turn something back ON.



Good luck and Happy Computing!



How can I put something in the system tray on my pc?anti virus software



OK right click on the tray properties then then on the bottom it says customize then pick always show...
the software should put it there by default. You can check it isn't in the list of inactive icons - right click on the taskbar, choose properties; at the bottom right click customise. Find the software (it it's in the list) and change it to 'Always show'.
Which anti-virus do you use?? I can't help you much unless you name it. Anyway, go to it's Settings and search for an option to make it visible in the System Tray while it's running.
First, check your start-up programs to be sure it is listed and is active. You can do it from start-%26gt;accessories-%26gt;system tools. But an even better way is to use a start-up manager. Lots available for free. Spy Bot Search and Destroy has one in advanced view-%26gt;tools. The advantage of that is that you can start and stop things from loading and if you do not like your decision you can change it easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment